Right Dose Portfolio Overview
Right Approach to Radiation Dose Management
Analytics Tools for data management can help users comply with regulations. Different organizations and regulatory bodies create rules, directives and legislation. They force institutions to monitor and report radiation dose values and to raise their commitment so that the right amount of radiation will be applied by everybody. The Council of the European Union and the Joint Commission revised requirements for diagnostic imaging standards. Organizations strive to fulfill such requirements while still focusing on core objectives.
teamplay is a cloud-based network that brings together healthcare professionals in order to advance medicine and human health as a team effort.
Be it an institution, hospital chain, or integrated delivery network, transparency of performance is key to its success. teamplay brings this transparency to the imaging fleet. With its built-in multi-vendor support, it grants instant1 access to fleet statistics. And more crucially, it empowers healthcare professionals to identify improvement potential on all levels of execution. Imaging fleet management is an essential aspect of the teamplay ecosystem, which offers an array of applications for both stakeholders and the professionals working directly with the imaging fleet itself. From devices and protocols to participating team members, teamplay provides precise starting points for enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and quality of care. teamplay gives an easy-to grasp overview of an institution’s imaging workflow in one intuitive and smooth Plug & Play solution.
Get ready for the next generation of imaging networks
Focus on essentials
- The Home screen was developed to help you get the most out of your imaging data in a minimum of time.
- Form follows function with a clear focus on transparency and efficiency.
- Clean and tidy grids make interacting with your key metrics fast and convenient.
Streamline your workflow
- The teamplay user interface puts imaging fleet performance and optimization front and center.
- Each application helps you tackle a specific task in imaging fleet management.
- The Home screen connects you to all teamplay offerings, from current to future applications.
Compare and collaborate
- The teamplay Home screen not only gives you access to your imaging metrics but provides a platform to compare with others.
- Compare KPIs2 in worldwide virtual imaging team.
- Benchmarking2,3 straight from your Home screen.
Monitor dose levels
- Dose analytics helps you identify areas of improvement and best-practice exams.
- All insights in teamplay Dose are based on data extracted from the radiation reports of your scanners.
- To analyze findings, focus on time frames, dose amount, and entity of interest, such as scanner, exam type, operator or location.
Identify what causes outliers
- Current dose levels as well as deviations from both institutional and national reference levels are displayed front and center on your Home screen.
- Exams that have exceeded specific dose levels are detailed on the Dose Events page.
- To explore the root causes of these dose outliers, track details down to modality, body region, operator, location, and exam type.
Protocols in one place
- Protocols4 gives you a clear picture of protocols installed in your imaging fleet. Tidy, interactive grids make exploring protocols as easy as a tapping on your tablet.
- Find imaging protocols in one place. The viewer lets you analyze their details.
- Focus on a particular scanner (CT) in your fleet, and browse its protocol tree.
Analyzing and optimizing
- The challenges for your imaging fleet change over time, and so do protocols. teamplay makes it easy to identify best-practice protocols and use them to optimize your workflow.
- To keep track of recent improvements, simply explore the version history.
- Add annotations for later reference, and distribute protocols with accompanying notes.
Streamline protocol roll-outs
- Send particularly efficient protocols to compatible scanners in your fleet, straight from your distribution panel2.
- Save time and resources in your fleet network by distributing protocols remotely.
Dose monitoring with teamplay
teamplay Dose is a quality-oriented radiation dose monitoring application and a cloud-based network that provides features and tools to manage and optimize radiation dose in day-to-day operation. teamplay is multivendor capable and able to handle data from numerous modalities.
Integration in users’ environment
teamplay integrates easily with the users’ environment, aggregates data, and displays data in a meaningful way to derive conclusions. The application uses a locally installed component (within the IT infrastructure) - the teamplay Receiver - to communicate with the PACS system. The teamplay Receiver is capable of querying the PACS system for DICOM radiation dose structured reports (RDSR), and is also designed to receive such standard DICOM objects directly from a modality.
Radiation dose data is derived from RDSRs, the DICOM standard for capturing dose data in the healthcare environment. teamplay Dose is also capable of deriving data from patient protocols (black images), an additional method of capturing data. The amount of data derived from patient protocol is limited compared to RDSR. Based on the configuration of the locally installed teamplay Receiver, a certain amount of data is submitted to the teamplay central cloud data base. The exact content of the data can be configured, and is based on the data privacy settings of the user.
Challenges for reducing radiation dose
Users strive to reduce radiation dose in a continuous process while maintaining diagnostic image quality. They need to be able to identify root cause for high dose events and best practices for low dose examinations to apply and replicate those in standard procedures. teamplay Dose provides the tools to identify high dose events and enables users to investigate and ultimately address the root causes.
teamplay Dose events
teamplay Dose can be set up to inform users about dose events. There are two types of dose events provided in teamplay Dose. As a first category of dose events, teamplay Dose is able to track examinations that exceed thresholds (DRL, dose reference level) that are put in place by national authorities. Such thresholds are being provided by the application based on the country settings during teamplay Receiver installation. The second type of event is triggered when a user-defined threshold has been exceeded. Such thresholds can be managed in teamplay Dose specific to modality and exam type. teamplay Dose provides a dedicated area for the user to manage the internal dose thresholds in multiple levels, from body region down to exam types.
CARE Analytics is designed to improve dose monitoring in interventional imaging, computed tomography, radiography, fluoroscopy and urology, even a multi-vendor approach is possible.
CARE Analytics is a non-medical, free-of-charge tool that can be installed on any computer and is designed to improve dose monitoring in interventional imaging, computed tomography, radiography, fluoroscopy and urology, even a multi vendor approach is possible. The increased monitoring leads to increased transparency and helps to improve daily work practices by adjusting work protocols. With this information, it was not only intended to support daily decisions about dose application, but also to assist in better explaining medical imaging procedures to patients who are increasingly knowledgeable about medical imaging.
CARE Analytics supports DICOM Structured Reports from the following modalities:
- Computed Tomography
CARE Analytics allows evaluating the delivered patient dose with regards to:
- Enhanced in-house dose reporting and assessment
- Enhanced transparency regarding dose per case
- Improved reporting on patient dose history
- Improved cross-institutional reporting
How does it work?
With a multiplicity of radiology devices from Siemens, the dose received by each individual patient is recorded in DICOM structured dose reports – DICOM SR. The relevant data in these files comprises information such as CT Dose Index (CTDIvol), dose length product (DLP), total recording time, and the dose area product. Until now, this data has merely been archived but was not further processed. With CARE Analytics the relevant information is presented in a table format for further analysis, e.g. statistical reports of dose data and related parameters. Using data edited in this way, the dose given during different examinations and the dose a patient has received on different imaging systems can be compared. Dose reporting between multiple hospitals is also possible. The increased transparency helps to improve the daily workflow and allows for additional dose saving.
1Prerequisites include: wireless connection to clinical network, meeting recommended minimum hardware requirements, and adherence to local data security regulations.
2This information about this product is preliminary. It is under development, not commercially available, and its future availability cannot be ensured.
3Availability of Benchmarking option depends on a minimum number of considered subscribers to guarantee customer anonymity and data protection.
4teamplay Protocols supports selected Siemens scanners. Please contact your Siemens representative for more details.