EMIT II Plus 6-Acetylmorphine Assay
Accurately screen for heroin use
Maintain a high level of integrity in your drug testing program, with the addition of the Emit® II Plus 6-Acetylmorphine Assay to your current offering.
Over the past decade, the number of heroin confiscations has more than doubled.1 Furthermore, an increasing amount of morphine-type drugs are prescribed as analgesics that can cross-react with traditional opiate assays.
Can a rapid screen differentiate heroin use from prescribed or ‘over-the-counter’ medications?
The presence of the heroin metabolite 6-Acetylmorphine (6-AM) in urine specifically confirms the use of heroin. The new EMIT II Plus 6-Acetylmorphine Assay is intended for the qualitative and semi-quantitative determination of 6-AM in human urine, at a cut-off value of 10 ng/mL. This new assay meets the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) guidelines for Federal Workplace Testing.
The EMIT® II Plus 6-Acetylmorphine Assay provides:
- High specificity for 6-Acetylmorphine (6-AM)
- No cross-reactivity to morphine, morphine metabolites, and common analgesics
- Qualitative (10 ng/mL cut-off) and semi-quantitative results
- Low analytical sensitivity of 1.1 ng/mL*
- >99% agreement with the reference method (GC/MS)
- Rapid results: 11 minutes to first result
- Convenient dual calibrator/control with the EMIT II Plus Ecstasy Assay
Applications are available for Siemens’ Viva-Jr®, Viva-E®, and V-Twin® Drug Testing Systems, the Dimension® and Dimension Vista®, as well as a variety of other general chemistry analyzers.
1. World Drug Report 2009, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
*Analytical sensitivity of 1.1 ng/mL on Vital Systems.
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.