Timely and optimal stroke treatment is crucial
On average, every 40 seconds someone in the United States has a stroke.1) It’s the single largest cause of disability, the second leading cause of death worldwide2), and it also leads to social and economic burdens.
In the U.S., the estimated annual cost of stroke is $34 billion, which includes the cost of healthcare services, medicine, and missed days of work.1)
The European Union faces costs of €45 billion each year, with more than half of that for indirect costs for follow‐up care, productivity losses, and tax shortfalls.3)
To lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for stroke patients, timely and optimal stroke treatment is crucial.
Solutions for stroke treatment
In stroke management, time is of the essence to improve outcomes for patients. Our entire portfolio is designed to speed up stroke treatment for every patient – with the goal of minimizing long‐term disabilities. We’re dedicated to supporting you in saving valuable time and delivering outcomes that matter to your patients.
Explore our portfolio for stroke!
nexaris Angio‐CT suite
Save valuable time with a 2-in-1 stroke solution
Reducing door-to-groin time for stroke patients at your institution is critical. Optimize clinical processes and perform CT diagnostics and angio stroke treatment in the same room. In our nexaris Angio-CT suite, patients can even stay on the same table for diagnostics and treatment – translating into time savings and enhanced safety. In a two-room set-up, you can even use the systems independently.
- Unique system combination that shares one table for diagnostics and treatment, making patient transfer unnecessary
- Optimized, faster, and easier stroke management that supports enhanced patient outcomes
- Potential cost savings thanks to reduced workflow time and improved neurological outcomes
- High‐end care for centers of excellence
Did you know?
- You can dramatically reduce time to reperfusion in the endovascular treatment of acute stroke patients by eliminating time spent on transporting and transferring patients
- You can maximize system utilization: The CT and angio system can be used separately for daily business when installed in a two‐room setup with a sliding door in between
- It’s an ideal solution for emergency departments with stroke specialization
nexaris Angio‐CT suite: A smart combination of an Artis Q biplane and a CT scanner in one room to speed up diagnostics and interventional stroke treatment.
Our SOMATOM CT scanners offer:
•Adaptive 4D coverage
•CT gantry slides back and forth over the rails to extend 4D coverage beyond detector width
•Flexible room concepts
Our Artis Q biplane system offers:
•Same image resolution on both planes thanks to same detector size and two equally powerful tubes
•Live pixel shift during DSA and roadmap for movement compensation
•Broad spectrum of roadmap features for device guidance
Fast, dedicated stroke imaging and stroke treatment in one room
Courtesy: Prof. Martin Skalej, MD, Neuroradiology, University Medicine Magdeburg, Germany
Mobile stroke unit
Speed up acute stroke care right from the start
In stroke care, it’s crucial to differentiate ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke at the earliest possible stage. With our solutions for mobile stroke units, you can transform care delivery by ruling out bleeding in the ambulance, initiating ivTPA for ischemic stroke on the way to the hospital, and triaging patients to the appropriate clinical institution faster.
- Industry-leading comprehensive solution that is taking standard of care for stroke to the streets
- Reach, diagnose, and treat potential stroke patients faster by bringing the CT scanner to the patient at the point of care, without compromising clinical results
Did you know?
Images can be sent to the hospital before the ambulance arrives, which helps determine the optimal treatment method early on
A real time-saver for stroke patients
Stroke patients need medical help extremely fast. Completely transform care delivery with our matchless angio‐only solution Artis Q. Delivering CT‐like images, the system combines imaging and stroke treatment in your angio suite – and helps you save up to one hour in stroke management for a specific group of patients.5)
- Minimize time to treatment by transferring stroke patients directly to the angio suite
- Hemorrhage rule‐out and stroke classification can be done directly on the angio system
- Perform both treatment‐relevant imaging and stroke treatment on one system
Did you know?
The image quality that can be achieved with DynaCT on the Artis Q is outstanding thanks to the 16‐bit detector, 16‐bit imaging chain, and dedicated cone‐beam reconstruction
According to peers from Göttingen, the angio‐only solution leads to a door‐to‐groin time reduction of approximately 30 minutes: find out more at onestopinstroke.eu
With the angio‐only solution, the University Medical Center Goettingen in Germany significantly reduced door‐to‐groin time. Learn more about the Goettingen approach!
For the angio‐only solution in stroke treatment, Goettingen chose patients with an NIHSS ≥ 7.
First, 20‐second native syngo DynaCT images were acquired to confidently rule out hemorrhage
Next, two 10‐second biphasic syngo DynaCT images were acquired that clearly show the vessels
Find out what your peers say about our solutions for stroke treatment
1www.cdc.gov/stroke/facts.htm [last visited June 27, 2018]
2worldstrokeorganization.blogspot.com/2018/04/what‐support‐means‐for‐stroke‐survivors.html [last visited June 27, 2018]
3www.pharma‐fakten.de/news/details/500‐burden‐of‐stroke‐report-extrem‐unterschiedlicheschlaganfall‐versorgung‐in‐europa/ [last visited June 27, 2018]
4www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1706442 [last visited July 12, 2018]
5Psychogios, M.N., Behme, D., Schregel, K., Tsogkas, I., Maier, I.L., Leyhe, J.R., Zapf, A., Tran, J., Bähr, M., Liman, J., and Knauth, M. One‐stop management of acute stroke patients: minimizing door to reperfusion times. Published online October 10, 2017.